Understand Vehicle Overheating Issues
At Rockwall Chrysler Dodge Jeep RAM, we’re all about informing the masses, and giving you more vehicle knowledge. One thing everyone should know about is how a vehicle overheats, what the causes might be, and how to spot it before it happens.
How Do You Know Your Car is Overheating?
- The check engine light comes on
- The temperature gauge rises above the normal levels
- You have reduced power
- You smell a funny odor coming from your car
- You see steam coming from under the hood
What Causes Your Car to Overheat?
- You might have low coolant levels
- There might be a coolant leak
- You have a bad water pump in your vehicle
- There’s an issue with the thermostat
What Do You Do When Your Car Overheats?
- Make sure to pull over to a safe space on the road if you’re experiencing any of the signs of overheating and turn the engine and air conditioning off
- Open the hood to allow the engine to cool, but don’t touch it because it will be hot
- Contact our service center and schedule service for your vehicle
How Can I Prevent Overheating?
- Always make sure your coolant levels are topped off when necessary during auto service
- Check your hoses in your vehicle for leaks and cracks
Our team here in Rockwell, TX in our service center would be happy to provide you with more details, and set up an appointment with you today, so contact us online, or stop in during regular business hours and we can get started.